First Princess Cruise, Now ONLY PRINCESS

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 19, 2011
Ship: Crown Princess
I have been cruising for 30 years. However, it had been about 8 years since my last cruise. I was impressed by the incredible ship and all of the amenities that were offered.

Food was excellent. I was happy to have healthy choices and a standard list of optional items if the food for that evening was not to my liking.

The ship was superbly maintained and the crew was most attentive to fixing even the slightest imperfection in the physical condition of the ship or cabin.

There were a lot of options. We opted for a trolley tour to learn more about the island but our snorkeling tour was canceled due to weather.
This port is much improved since my last visit. The option to visit the modest San Gervasio ruins is a nice alternative to the more impressive, but harder to get to ruins of Coba and Tulum.
I have long thought that cruise lines should develop their own ports... more developed than the private islands, but not full of the constant commercial barrage of the major ports. Roatan is that exactly. Plus... who doesn't love a chairlift!?!?!
This is the best of the various cruise lines's out islands that I have visited.

Pros: Most enjoyed the people on board and the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Also enjoyed how Princess has recognized things about cruising that are annoying and unsettling and developed ways to make them better.

Cons: My own fault... I generally got to the pool deck to get a good seat.

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!