Costa neoRomantica Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

It was a satisfactory trip

Sail Date: October 07, 2011

This was an old ship. Having said that, there were things that made the cruise just satisfactory but not overwhelming. It was just an OK trip. I understand that the trip I was on was a second to the last trip for this ship before it was to be refurbished.

Pros: The on-board personnel were helpful and really pleasant at all times

Cons: The constant noise. The excessive volume with the microphones

Recommends Costa neoRomantica? No.

The MC at the shows bellowed into the microphone. He made your ears ring from the loudness. But the shows were good, overall. I did not participate in any of the activities since most were in Italian and geared to that larger group.
The food was excitingly good. My hat is off to the chief chef and those who prepared it. It was a pleasure going to meals. The waiters at our table were the best. They were pleasant, helpful, humorous. Meal time was enjoyable.
The safe in my room was inoperable.
Mykonos, Greece
Through no fault of the cruise, it rained all morning and had high winds. I went out into that thinking it would calm down. I was wrong. Got soaked to the bone. I came back in the late morning and then the sun came out.
Don't Miss: It is simply a very charming place in which to wander, but only in good weather.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
The cruise director should have known that there was a strike going on and that the olympic ruins were closed. We paid to see things through the trees. It was very disappointing. The port was nothing but shops. Not much else.
Rhodes, Greece