Costa Luminosa Cruise Review to Caribbean

Be careful!

Sail Date: February 01, 2014

One thing to keep in mind is that this is an Italian cruise line. We had people with us that have sailed Costa before and had a great time\, this time was much different for all of us. This also goes for all the American's we met on the ship. No one enjoyed the ship and would not do another Costa Cruise. Now the staff for the most part was excellent. No issues there\, but the other guests were terrible. Every morning I would get cut off in line for food\, and when making my presence known they'd wave me off like I was a 3rd class citizen to them. They are very loud\, rude\, and not just to the other guests\, but the staff as well. Every staff person that we had encountered welcomed us Americans with open arms because we didn't treat them like slaves. The food was average\, it certainly was not terrible\, but it's not even comparable to other cruises I've been on in the past. On board entertainment was the worst I've encountered. If you didn't speak Italian\, you were short out of luck. Now if this is what Costa (Italian Cruise) is trying to cater to\, that is fine\, but please do not advertise and promote American's or Canadian's will enjoy the ship. If this was just my opinion then fine\, maybe it was just me\, but when we met 10-14 people from the states and Canada that had the same thoughts; that cannot be a coincidence. Be aware! I will never do another Costa cruise nor would I ever recommend one to anyone.

Pros: Brought us to the islands on time.

Cons: People on board\, food\, and on board entertainment.

Recommends Costa Luminosa? No.