Costa Favolosa Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

Very Disappointing

Sail Date: September 14, 2014

Great effort was expended to sell us various beverage packages.  We were told we couldn't even get a glass of water at dinner.  I bought a water package.  Each night after that we were given water with no charge against the package.  Wound up with five extra bottles of water at the end of the week.  Another ruse to get euros out of us.  The food was lousy.  I had a couple of dishes that were OK, but none I considered really good.  Tried the veal belly.  YUK!  All of the beef dishes, including the hamburgers, were poor.  I realize now that I'm spoiled on American beef.  The entertainment was weak, also.  Having cruised with Carnival I expected much more, and found much less.  I heard the same comment from others on the cruise about the unexpected slights from Costa compared to Carnival.  One of the excursions we had looked forward to was cancelled because there was no English speaking guide.  It was a wine and truffle excursion.  The language was not really a barrier, but we were not offered an alternative.  The only high point of my time with Costa was the cabin steward.  He did an excellent job.  I will not cruise Costa again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.