I sailed on the Costa Fascinosa in December 2017 from Spain to Brazil. This was my first experience with Costa. I travelled with my husband and we are both on our 30s. This was our fourth cruise.
Overall: we would cruise with Costa again since we enjoyed our holiday.
1. The shore excursions were cheaper than other cruise lines so we booked directly from Costa. I couldn't really see a difference in quality either.
2. Great atmosphere! Our boat had a good mix of ages. There was something for everyone.
3. Our cabin steward was so kind and attentive. I saw her daily. She would stop for a chat and would even pick up conversations where we left off.
1. I adore Italian food but found the buffet sections to be the same everyday. The food was a good quality though.
2. I asked a few questions at the customer service desk and was given the response 'well, I don't know' or 'maybe'. I've gotten the response of 'I don't know but I'll have someone who does contact you' from other cruise lines.
3. There was a wide variety of nationalities on the boat. That is not at all a negative! But, this does make on-board activities tough since all instructions have to be repeated five times. I often found it easier to just speak to fellow passengers in Spanish or French. My husband also speaks German so he could do things in English or German. Your English speaking tour may get cancelled if it doesn't have enough participants to get the go ahead. So, if you do speak another European language, you'll be able to join that tour. Most people on our boat spoke Italian or Spanish.
Please feel free to send me a message if you have a specific question. I'm more than happy to help!
*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency,
and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners
(travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our
users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or
prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site
for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on
external web sites.
Need help from a personal vacation planner?
Find the perfect cruise with weekly tips and cruise deals for as little as $30/night!
Sign up for weekly cruise deals
Join other subscribers and get the best
cruise deals of the week in your inbox every Thursday.