Costa Concordia (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

"Fabulous Family Memories"

Sail Date: June 10, 2007

Room Type: Suite

The ship was great. The reviews that I read before I left were a bit disappointing. I found the ship to be clean, the staff friendly and the food more than adequate.Even us Americans could find something that we liked although one should not go to Europe looking for an American experience, you won't find it. I would definitely sail with Costa again. The embarkation as well as the disembarking was the best I've ever experienced on any cruise line. Our family of 8 made memories that are priceless. Thanks Costa for a marvelous week. Looking forward to future sailings.
GCH

Pros: The friendliness of the staff and roomy ship layout

Cons: I would like to have seen a few more American selections on the menus but we were in Europe and there were many more Europeans than Americans.

Recommends Costa Concordia (RETIRED)? Yes!

Palermo, Sicily
Loved Palermo. My mother's family was close by in another small village, so we went there for the day. Great city with lots of interesting history.
Palermo, Sicily
Tunis, Tunisia
This was the one time I wish that I had stayed on board. We did not have any children with us but this is certainly not a place to take them. The city is dirty and overrun with people in the market. People are smoking hookah pipes in the market ,stoned out of their mind and this smell is mixed with other offensive odors as well as the intense heat.. The vendors badger you and overall I don't think it is a very safe enviornment to be in. I would never visit Tunisia again.
Tunis, Tunisia
Valletta, Malta
This is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever visited. It is incredibly clean and there are many things to see there. I would love to go back to Malta. Would have like to have left off Tunisia and divided some of the time in Malta.
Savona (Genoa), Italy
Absolutely love Savona. We went to a local flea market while there. The people were great and we had a wonderful time.
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Gorgeous Island & friendly people
Don't Miss: We visited the pearl factory and the church. Wish there had been more time there.
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Gorgeous Island & friendly people
Barcelona, Spain
Only in port a short time but enjoyed what time we had.
Savona (Genoa), Italy
Valletta, Malta
Barcelona, Spain
Only in port a short time but enjoyed what time we had.