Costa Atlantica Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A good time

Sail Date: March 20, 2010

Beautiful decor in common areas and nice stateroom.

Pros: ship interior

Cons: bar incident, our room steward

Recommends Costa Atlantica? Yes!

Not much to do on ship days. Had one problem in Disco. We ordered a round of shots - rattlesnakes. When the drinks came we were on the dance floor and the waiter brought me the slips to sign and left the drinks on the table. When we got to the table we took a sip (there were four of us) and they were nothing like I ordered - they were something mango flavored. I called the waiter over and told him and he said he couldn't understand what I was saying. The next day I spoke with someone at the front desk and they took it up with the bar manager because I thought we should have received a refund because we barely tasted them and hated it. They would not refund because we had tasted them. I feel like on any other line I have ever been on they would have made that right and not charged me $34.00 for something I didn't drink. I learned my lesson from then on and we didn't visit the disco again the rest of the week - which in turn probably cost them a whole like more than the 34.00 did
Everything clean and nice. Ship layout good.
Very clean and roomy for an inside cabin. Room steward didn't speak any English and I have never had to experience that before. She never understood what we were saying so I just gave up asking for anything.
Excellent if you like Italian. Hated the pizza. Very different than what we are used to in America.
Hesitated to go on Costa because have heard from several people about their unfriendly staff. The only difference I see is they don't "gush" over you like they do on other cruise lines. They get what you need or ask for but, don't make a big deal about being you buddy and complimenting people etc. None of them I met were funny - just very effecient. Not overly friendly but, I didn't mind their attitides.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Rained - just walked around. But have visited before and really liked it here.