Costa Atlantica Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Never again!!!

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

I scheduled this cruise to celebrate our 20Th Wedding Anniversary and from the start it was a nightmare. As we entered the boarding process, Costa personnel were unfriendly and with attitude. Food was not available after 2300. Pool/Lido area was always dead instead of having music/food to keep passengers entertained. There was only one nightclub available for all ages therefore no specific activities planned (11-14, 15-17, etc) that could have the whole family enjoy the cruise at the same time. Every time a member of my family asked for information/assistance, the first answer was that they did not know or an easy NO. I frequently saw Officers abuse their crew and yell at them in front of guests even when it was obvious that they were working as hard as they could. Officers of the crew were arrogant. I have never seen in any other cruise crew members sit among guests to eat and smoke. I personally do not have a problem with that, but when they occupy chairs for guests leaving non left available guests to sit, I do. Finally and to end this ridiculous trip, Costa managed to lose one of our bags full of jewelry, nightgowns and shoes. Right now I am getting the run-around by their legal department. I have spent the entire morning trying to get them on the phone. If you are a regular cruiser, do not ever travel with Costa Cruise Line; It was a total disappointment.

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Everything

Recommends Costa Atlantica? No.