Coral Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Terrible Experience

Sail Date: August 20, 2011

The ship itself was lovely, the cruise was nice. I was left in Anchorage because of an accident on the highway on the way to Whitter (departure port) which closed the highway. The cruise line was completely unhelpful in arranging transport to the ship and told the 15 crusiers left behind that they were on their own to get to the small town of Skagway where we could meet the ship 3 days later. Once aboard the ship the crew were very kind and courteous. Passenger services was a nightmare, the Captain was rude, and when preparing to disembark, the ship lost my information and put me in a disemabarkation group that would have caused me to miss my flight home.

Pros: Seeing bears in Ketchikan

Cons: Being left in Anchorage and not meeting the ship for 3 days

Recommends Coral Princess? No.

All good
Standard cruise accommodation
Waitstaff was excellent, casino staff was rude and pushy, passenger services was a nightmare
Bears were great, missed the glaciers
Ketchikan, Alaska
Take the bear excursion, it was fantastic
Juneau, Alaska