My Dream Trip to Alaska

Coral Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Alaska Voyage Of The Glaciers Southbound (Whittier To Vancouver)
Sail Date: May 29, 2006
Ship: Coral Princess
The Coral Princess was beautiful. Well kept, clean for the most part. Service staff was exemplary, curtious, well kept, clean and friendly. The only thing I wondered at was why there was no staff to man the women's (Men's?)restrooms outside the restaurants, or other area around the ship. They were always messy, water on floor, paper towels on floor, water on counters, etc. Not good. Other than that, my impression of the ship was very good.

Had one bad steak while dining in the Bordeaux Room, and one salmon filet was very dry. Other than that, all food service was very good. Got tired of eating at the buffet, so visited the dining rooms when available.

Very friendly, helpful, very impressed with the staff.

Please note above comment re: public restrooms

very comfortable with the exception of rock hard pillows. Also ordered a robe online when I booked the cruise, but did not get one...had to ask my steward. Steward was a little over zealous, but nice.
should have cancelled the "panning for gold"...lame
Don't Miss: White Pass Railway was great...
Mendenhall Glacier was good, the salmon bake was awful!!! Full of bones, dry, not a fun thing.
Don't Miss: the whaling expedition - the highlight of the trip for me
cancelled the "tourist" things...lumberjack show should have cancelled the "Lighthouse,Eagles,Totems boat" ...what a waste of money and time!Totally inept and unprepared. Boat was falling apart!!!

Pros: The excursions in the ports, the sailing

Cons: No photo when I arrived like all the rest of the people!!!!