Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Celebrity Summit

7 Night Bermuda (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 27, 2017

Ship: Celebrity Summit

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 3073

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I loved this cruise line and it was a vast improvement over my cruise last year on the Carnival Pride. That being said, for those of you who are returning after a long hiatus, the cruise line isn't as good as it used to be. There's no more ice sculptures or midnight buffets. They also don't give out as many prizes for contests.

Embarkation

The embarkation process was a breeze!

Ship experiences

I ate in the main dining room each night. I think I only had one soup I didn't care for (the Asian Coconut fusion one). The others exceeded my expectations,

Tuscan Grille

I loved it! The food was excellent and the service was perfect!

I would just be a little bit more clear on the trivia questions. There were a few where they didn't exactly specify what they were looking for, so I went for the correct answer based on the question asked, but it turned out to be something else. One example was a question about animals: they wanted to know what a specific type of animal was. Based on the clues given, I gave the correct answer. However, the answer was actually the animal's species. Had they asked about the species, I would have put that answer down.

The performers were great, but the sound was off, making the performers sound worse than they actually were. One singer sounded nasally, yet when another performer came on the next night, he also sounded nasally. What are the odds that two singers would have the same issues?

We were always served with a smile!

Good, although it could use a little fine-tuning when the ship goes into dry dock next year. It was always clean, so the fine-tuning is mostly cosmetic.

Our cabin was always neat and tidy when we returned from dinner!

Ship tip

Just go and have fun! It's a higher class than Carnival, which is a relief. Overall, Celebrity really has their act together!

Ports of call

Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey

Easy embarkation and debarkation! Debarkation was horrendous last year. This year, rather than waiting in the long lines, they had us stand in front of a camera to verify our identity. That was so much easier!

Disembarkation