Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Review of the updates made to the Summit

Sail Date: June 22, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Having been on the ship last March out of PR and now taking a cruise in June of this year there have been some additional upgrades and changes. For anyone who has been on the ship in the past you will now see that breakfest and lunch and different. No longer is it pile on the food like it is your last meal and then throw most of it away. Now certain foods are served in portions. In talking to the staff this is being done to cut down on all the food that is wasted. You will also see that the trays are smaller. I told some the managers at lunch that it takes me back to being in 5th grade. For anyone who has been on the Summit before you will see the difference.

At the moment this is only being done the Summit. I was told that if this goes over as Celebrity is thinking, you will see this on the other ships. One thing that you cannot get anymore and I know it is a small thing are potato chips. I could not find out the reason.

Another area is the pool and if you have one, a balcony. There are new lounge chairs. Another change are the lack of on board activies. I found out the staff has been reduced and I think this is the reason.

I will say that the servers for dinner and our room attendnents were top notch. These people work long hours and in lot of cases can never get off the ship for some R&R. If they do it is only for a few hours.

If you have kids have them go the the Fun Factory. Our 10 year old had a great time. A standout is Mitch one of the worker who remembered our daughter from the last cruise. She is very nice as are all the others.

For prior cruisers on the Summit there are other areas that been updated or changed since the major refurb done in 2012 and since last March that I will bore you with. For the new cruisers you will not know the difference.

Good sailing to everyone

The ship can still use some updates, but overall quality was good
Servers and room attendents are at the top of their game
Make sure kids use the Fun Factory
There are a lack of activites
Bermuda is a Great place to visit.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Bayonne is a not a great port. Checking in and then taking a bus to the ship needs to be changed.