Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beautiful Ship BUT Rolled ALL Over!

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

I am a seasoned cruiser who has been on Crystal, Princess, Carnival, RCCL, NCL, and this was my first Celebrity. I am sad to report that I will not be going on the celebrity again. Yes the boat was gorgeous and the decor is amazing but you quickly lose sight of the food decor and ship quality when you have bad service and the ship ROLLED from start to finish. I just went on the New Years Eve cruise, and it was pricey and I could not believe that there was not a pool attendant to be found to get me a drink, and the ship rolled soooo bad that people actually disembarked and flew home at Puerto Rico. The weather was gorgeous and the water was glass, and I have been on Megaships, either this ship was built incorrectly and unstable or the captain didnt put the stabilizers out bc it cost money bc it would slow boat down, but the ship rolled sooo bad that you couldnt even eat or enjoy the cruise. At times people couldnt even walk. I thought it was ridiculous and I dont get sea sick but so many people were complaining that I actually almost fell out of bed one night. At times I couldnt even enjoy the food bc we were rolling so bad I got vertigo. Finally the captain on the last night made it smooth for people. I think that the ship has serious solling problems and would NOT reccommend if anyone has the SLIGHTEST movement issue.

Pros: Decor, Quality, and Food

Cons: Service and Movement

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? No.

The Celebrity spent a great deal of money on the look and decor of the ship but clearly cut back on service attendants. I couldnt get a drink at the pool unless I got up and lost my lounge chair to do it, and many bars closed at port. Celebrity needs to go on a Carnival to learn how to make money on customers through cocktails and servicing them at their lounge chairs.
Nop energy, ship cut back on entertainment and live music at pools, was on New Years cruise and there was no live music at pools and when ship was docked at ports there was ZERO entertainment for the people who didnt get off boat.
THe ship is gorgeous and elegant, it is truly a high class resort on sea.
Only good experince about the ship if you could toelrate the movement. The celebrity prides themselves ont he food and they do a great job, the food is SUPERB!
Brand new ship so no complaints, stateroom was very beautiful. Clean and I had a wonderful view, sunset veranda, beautiful views and sun 24/7.