A Very Excellent Adventure

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 10, 2016
Ship: Celebrity Silhouette

This was a belated 10 year anniversary trip for us.  We chose the Silhouette, the third boat in the Solstice class that we have had the pleasure of sailing on.  For this trip, unlike the others where we sailed in Aqua Class, we were in Concierge. The trip was a relaxing yet port busy trip and we enjoyed the sea days book ending the 4 ports we enjoyed on the trip - Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth (Important), Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti.   The boat itself was beautiful and never really felt crowded although I was told she was almost full.  The staff, as with  most Celebrity sailings, were accommodating in every way.  We enjoyed all the perks in the 1-2-3 go package with our Concierge cabin.  The live music entertainment was very good.  We made new friends and made the most of each day.  Love

This was our first shot at Select Dining. My jury is still out on whether I like this. I think I prefer having the same wait staff each evening as they learn preferences, but we did not wait in line (my fear) except for one evening when we dined rather late. The food in the MDR was average to good. The food in the buffet restaurant was very well done for a buffet. As always, we enjoyed Lawn Club Grille. It's WELL worth the $45 fee. Not so much for Qsine. Although the food is displayed and served creatively, after 4 tapas entrees we were still looking for something to say "that was good". By the end of the meal, I felt badly that the staff was still trying so very hard to sell it so we just went along. Second trip to Qsine and it will be my last.

The live music on board was very good and mostly available at all hours after noon. The evening "shows" were different on this boat, mostly having single entertainers (juggler, and two soloists) with no revue type shows.

Superb. The coffee baristas were all excellent. Our cabin stewards, Victor and Benedict, were great.

It's been a while since I've sailed AFT and on the port side of the ship. The cabin itself had a large enough shower that my better half chose to take showers in the cabin instead of utilizing the spa. The shampoo/amenities in the concierge cabin were great. The afternoon canapes were also nice but don't expect it to be a snack...it's more of a tasting sample.

The Classic Package was included in our 1-2-3 perks. We don't drink alcohol, but used it for the sparkling sodas and coffees and of course, bottled water. Don't forget that the pastries in the gelato and coffee stands are FREE!