Simply stated, The best cruise I've ever taken

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 20, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Silhouette

I've taken over 30 cruises on various lines over the past 20 years. RCCL, NCL, PRINCESS, CARNIVAL, ETC. But this was my first Celebrity Cruise. The Silhouette was by far the most relaxing and immaculate ship I've ever seen.  My cabin, a veranda on deck 8 was very nice, not cramped and had loads of storage space for clothes. The bathroom, which is always a big disappointed on many ships was very large and spacious. The ship always had a very clean appearance  and never felt muggy or humid. The staff was very professional as well. The food was spectacular! Plenty of variety and really no reason to go to a specialty restaurant as the dining room was great. The seas were very rough for the entire cruise 10-12 feet every day, but the captain kept you informed and comfortable throughout. Despite the rough seas, I  saw only 1 or 2 sea sick passengers. I could go on and on, but below are some pros and cons to wrap it up. I will only go on Celebrity from now on.

Pros:

Immaculate ship

Superb food

Professional staff

Not very many toddlers

No shirtless drunks with tattoos

Fresh water indoor pool

Nice casino

Always ample seating at pools, lounges, etc.

100% non smoking indoors

Awesome wine bar with great selections (but a bit pricey)

Cons:

Entertainment was not great

Lawn steak house was $45 a person for same food that's free in dining room

Too short of time in ports

Not enough nighttime activities if you don't gamble

Overall, I  can't wait to try another Celebrity ship!

See above

Don't waste your money going to the specialty restaurants. They are no different than the dining room.