Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Celebrity Christmas cruise

Sail Date: December 20, 2015

Ship was very clean and staff was very good. However, the food in the dining room was repulsive. We have sailed many times on Holland America and could not wait to get to dinner or any other meal. This trip, we had 3 veranda staterooms and had no breakfasts in the dining room (arrived 1 morning at 9:03) and cutoff was 9. We were refused, as were the 4 in front of us. Had the elevators been timely, we would have made it by 9. Steaks at dinner were tough and choices were horrific. Fish was awful and on the last evening, here came the lobster(so tough we could not chew). Even the waiter understood the poor quality of the food. I could go on and on, but let us now get to the towels and wash cloths. My daughters and I said our faces were scratched from the worn out rough cloths and the bath towels were also old and the size of a hand towel. I feel sure this will not be printed or get any attention, but at least I had a chance to vent. 7 days and I counted the days to get back to much better conditions and food, so as you might guess, I am not interested in another Celebrity cruise.

Horrible linens and much too small.

We upgraded to premium package for all 3 rooms and that was fine. However, what I pay up front for food should be for good food, not garbage. I believe you are forcing people to go to "specialty restaurants"....Smart tactic for the cruise line, but not in the long haul. Word of mouth sells cruises.