Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Disappointment on Celebrity Silhouette

Sail Date: June 09, 2015

This was my third cruise on Celebrity, and a very disappointing one.  It definitely wasn't worth the money.  The shore excursions--especially the ones involved using tenders--seemed incredibly disorganized.  Even if it was nowhere near the time of the shore excursion, we were urged over and over again to leave the ship via tender because there was "no waiting."  Once we'd get to the dock of the port we were visiting, the tour buses were not waiting for us because we were usually 1-1/2 hours early.  There was nowhere to sit and it was terribly cold and windy.  This seems like a rookie mistake that shouldn't have happened.  I would have much rather waited comfortably in my cabin.  The last straw was departure day from Amsterdam on June 21.  We had to wait on the bus to the airport for about 45 minutes because the luggage hadn't been loaded on the trucks.  Once we left the departure area, we still beat the trucks to the airport.  There was ONE person from Celebrity to try and help over 3,000 unhappy customers.  It was raining and the luggage was just dumped in front of the airport.  People were furious.  I upgraded to Concierge class on this trip.  I don't feel that the extra money was worth it because I still had to wait in lines, albeit not as much as I would have with regular passage.  I heard some other passengers complaining about Concierge class and how they'd gone to guest services to air their grievances.  They were told that management "knew" something was wrong with Concierge class, yet no one seemed to be willing to do anything about it.  Also, at the last minute, we were told that we couldn't go into Wales.  Since I booked this trip many, many months ago I feel that this shouldn't have happened.  The itinerary had been set far enough in advance to avoid something like this.  I definitely feel that I paid too much for this cruise and got relatively little in return.  I don't know if I will ever book a trip on Celebrity again and I doubt that Celebrity will get a lot of repeat business from this trip.