Great Relaxing Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 08, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Silhouette

I need to start out by saying that I have not been thrilled with the embarkation experience of any previous Celebrity cruise. They seem to have cleaned things up and smoothed out the process. Embarkation was easy! I got a great rate on an inside cabin, so we economized and did that. The cabin was very nice but I will be returning to a balcony on the next cruise! I did the book on board and got a good deal that was tied to my travel agent and got a shipboard credit and the classic beverage package. It was a super easy process. Food was impressive and I enjoyed most of the specialty dining. Wasn't sure the Lawn Club was worth the money, Celebrity might have broken the barrier on the thinnest steak ever. Qsine was innovative and fun but not my thing. The service was great and the food was good, it just seemed like they worked really hard on the quirky presentation.

The ship was a very pleasant home for the week and all the bar staff and wait staff were wonderful. Great cruise, great ship!

come on dancers, look like a team please.

Inside cabin. Very nice for the category.

Got the premium bar package and lived in the Molecular Bar! It just takes one more thing of the worry list!

Traffic can be bad on sailing days. Also, the taxi line on disembarkation was enormous.
Ask a local for tips on restaurants they like!
OK, the area just off the dock is like the Disneyland version of Jamaica but still a nice experience. Got some good Jerk chicken at a local spot.
Weather prevented us from docking.