Anniversary Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 11, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Silhouette

We booked the flight and the cruise together.  The flight down was canceled and we barely made the boat.  Once this bit of drama was over, the cruise was relaxing and we were pampered.  When we got to the cabin, a chilled bottle of champagne was waiting for us.  The evening of our anniversary, the waiter presented us with a cake.  (we did not mention our anniversary other than at time of booking).  We had two days at sea which I found quite relaxing.  We took excursions at three out of the four ports that we visited.  I enjoyed the excursions, but I found that they were a little slow initially getting things underway.  We waited in the hot sun on one for nearly 30 minutes for transportation. The nightly entertainment was excellent on most evenings.  (Only one evening I would rate as just fair) The food was good, but not exceptional.  The presentation and service were excellent. I found the entire crew to be very helpful and accommodating.  Overall, it was enjoyable and I would definitely book Celebrity again.

The food was good.

Could have more activities.

Very good

Do not know

Our waiter was excellent. (and fun)

Exceptionally clean and well maintained.

Very attentive staff.

Walking up the stairs to deck 15 after going thru buffet line offered quiet and views.

Felt very rushed on the air boat.
Made chocolate and paired with wines. Go in the afternoon.
Went to pet stingrays. Nice catamaran ride out and beautiful sandbar.
Dunn River Falls was fun, but very crowded. Stop for jerk food was disappointing.
Very relaxing. Must be careful in the water for stones and coral. Very pushy vendors at kiosks.