Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Anniversary Cruise

Sail Date: January 11, 2015

We booked the flight and the cruise together.  The flight down was canceled and we barely made the boat.  Once this bit of drama was over, the cruise was relaxing and we were pampered.  When we got to the cabin, a chilled bottle of champagne was waiting for us.  The evening of our anniversary, the waiter presented us with a cake.  (we did not mention our anniversary other than at time of booking).  We had two days at sea which I found quite relaxing.  We took excursions at three out of the four ports that we visited.  I enjoyed the excursions, but I found that they were a little slow initially getting things underway.  We waited in the hot sun on one for nearly 30 minutes for transportation. The nightly entertainment was excellent on most evenings.  (Only one evening I would rate as just fair) The food was good, but not exceptional.  The presentation and service were excellent. I found the entire crew to be very helpful and accommodating.  Overall, it was enjoyable and I would definitely book Celebrity again.

Exceptionally clean and well maintained.
The food was good.
Our waiter was excellent. (and fun)
Entertainment Very good
Children's Programs Do not know
Could have more activities.
Destinations and excursions were fine.
Very attentive staff.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Felt very rushed on the air boat.
Made chocolate and paired with wines. Go in the afternoon.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Went to pet stingrays. Nice catamaran ride out and beautiful sandbar.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Dunn River Falls was fun, but very crowded. Stop for jerk food was disappointing.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Very relaxing. Must be careful in the water for stones and coral. Very pushy vendors at kiosks.

Walking up the stairs to deck 15 after going thru buffet line offered quiet and views.

1 Comment