Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent quality as we've come to expect from Celebrity

Sail Date: January 27, 2013

First things first, there is no better way to sail the caribbean (or anywhere for that matter) than on Celbrity. The Silhouette is brand spanking new and everything is pristine. It seems like there's not a single square inch of the ship that was not carefully or meticulously planned out.
That being said, I can admit to a certain extent to being a "cruise snob" which is why I only sail Celebrity, but I do feel that they could have done without so many extra-fee services. The Lawn Club was not nearly as utilized on this cruise than it was on others (while it had been a highlight of other cruises for me) because most of it was roped off. Yes, literally roped off unless you had rented a private cabana for the day. We did that 1 day and it was beautiful, but that also happened to be the only day I ever used the lawn club. Plus an outdoor grill replaced the glass show which in my opinion was a complete waste. It was never crowded and barely used by guestes and took up an inordinate amount of space. Bad use of a beautiful area on the ship for an add-on charge that was never used.
The other thing I would like to point out is that the Silhouette is almost identical to the other solstice class ships. Now that's not a bad thing because they are beautiful, but a few more new wrinkles would have been nice. I had already known the full floor plan before stepping on the ship I just didn't know it yet.
Service is always top notch, food amazing, and the ports were great.
Overall I will ail Celebrity again, I just hope they focus more on the "standard" services and amenities instead of utilizing every part of available real estate for extra fee services.
EXCELLENT (buffet just average though)
Shows were so-so, need more variety - comedian was very good
Children's Programs n/a
Could have used more sports based activities
Jamaica was not my favorite because you couldn't walk to any attractions and had to fend with 100 solicitors right when you stepped outside the gates
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida I used to live there so not really a highlight for me!
Nice beach clubs to relax and go in the water - good snorkeling; rent a scooter and drive around the island is the best way to go
George Town, Grand Cayman
Must do the stingray adventure but have to do a tour for it
Falmouth, Jamaica
We didn't do much there because we got accosted the minute we stepped outside of the terminal confines, it's a shame because it looked nice
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
surprisingly nice and not as commercial as I had thought it would be - very peaceful in certain areas