Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

I am a cruiseaholic (elite member)

Sail Date: November 28, 2015

I couldn't wait to take the Reflection after reading so many positive comments.  It is a very nice ship.  It is more contemporary style and I prefer the more posh style.  Our stateroom (9219) was a bit smaller than I expected but the location was perfect.  The game room didn't have any games except for electronic games which did not work for the first three days.  The overall food experience was good but not perfect.  The main dining room chairs are the barrel style which I find very uncomfortable because you can't really lean back.  There were only three professional entertainers, the remainder being the crew singers and dancers.  I expected more.  There were no small singing groups like I have seen on other Celebrity cruises.  There were no string groups performing around the ship like on other Celebrity cruises.  I did not care for the gelato that can be purchased.  My husband wanted to purchase some snacks and we went to the gift shop where a standard container of Pringles was $5.99 each.  We didn't buy them, way too over priced.  I expect to pay more, but not that much more.  Boarding was fast and easy.  Service and stateroom staff were very good.  Getting off the ship took longer than expected.  We didn't see very many officers.  The shore excursion that we took in San Juan was not worth the cost.  It was a old and new tour that went to the fort where we were told we would have an hour.  We only got about 40 minutes because it was getting dark.  The tour was supposed to start at 3:30, but didn't start until 4:15.  The remainder of the tour was in the dark where many things could not even be seen.  For example, we were taken to the driver's favorite beach.  Only, we couldn't even see a beach or water.  Waste of money.  We did take the St. John's island tour from St. Thomas and very much enjoyed.  It was well worth the money.  There was a 5% fee to get cash in the casino.  We lost our usual amount but enjoyed doing it.  I felt there was not enough things to do on the ship, like Trivia games.  Overall, it was a good cruise.

It was a little smaller than I expected. It was clean and the room steward did a good job keeping it that way. I did not care for the art in the room. The toilet paper was really rough. We were surprised to receive a rose in our cabin from the Captain's Club. It was fresh and lovely.
Great getting on but miserable getting off.
Miami, Florida
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't take the old and new San Juan tour if it will be in the dark.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

The electronic game tables were fun to play.

1 Comment