Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Awesome Alaskan Adventure

Sail Date: June 01, 2013

The ship was absolutely beautiful. First time on Celebrity and definitely won't be our last. Everything was clean - loved the Sunset Bar. Staff were very friendly (except one on the 2nd to last day that I really just believe was having a bad day) and made several week-long friends. Only complaints: room window was dirty and obscured views\, and two of the mornings we were without hot water for our showers.

Pros: Ship was beautiful\, ports of call were the best\, and food was out of this world!

Cons: Not too much to do for the teenagers while on board\, left them very bored.

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

Was disappointed with our seating time. I had requested 6:00 dining time\, and was confirmed at the 6:00 dining time (all of my paperwork verified this information)\, but when we went to the 6:00 seating on the last day of the trip\, we were told that we had the 8:30 seating. Of course I didn't have my paperwork\, so we just shopped around while waiting for the 8:30 seating in order to eat.
The last day on board (sailing\, no ports of call)\, the schedule was lacking. Not a lot of activities planned that were interesting in any way shape or form. Heard this from another couple that was traveling as well. Was disappointing. However\, that was the day that we were sailing past Hubbard Glacier\, so perhaps they thought that we would all be on deck looking at the glacier instead of participating in activities? Irregardless\, that schedule should've been packed with fun things to do.
As stated earlier\, there were not a lot of activities geared towards teenagers. In conversations had while on the ship\, my understanding is that Celebrity is not geared towards kids - very unfortunate as children do tend to cruise with me. The lack of teenager activities really turned my daughter off of the whole cruise experience with Celebrity and she has begged that for our next cruise we go back to one of the other cruise lines that we've sailed on in the past.