Panama Canal Cruise

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

15 Night Panama Canal Eastbound (San Diego To Miami)
Sail Date: September 22, 2012
Ship: Celebrity Millennium
Ports were great as long as you were taking tours. I highly recommend the \"Humanitarian tour\" in Guatemala - you get to help an extremely needy school and then see beautiful Antigua. Loved seeing the canal (which I wasn't expecting).

Was a bit disappointed with some aspects on board - but Celebrity is still my favorite line.

I was somewhat disappointed - for the first time on Celebrity\, I had to send a meal back because the lobster was very undercooked. Also\, it seemed that the chef had a much heavier hand with the herbs and spices - too heavy for my taste and some odd combinations.

Speakers and activities were excellent\, as were the production shows. However the other entertainment was fair to good. The ventriloquist - comedian told jokes that were in poor taste. One of the bands was not nearly of the quality I expect on Celebrity. The Celebrity band and string trio were superior!

While our cabin steward was wonderful\, some of the other staff was not. I think a lot of the crew went to the new ship and we got a lot of new crew in San Diego for this cruise. It showed. Service was not what I'm used to with this line.

Has been \"Solticized\" - and not completely finished - half of the outside of deck 4 was being worked on the entire trip. They took away the card/game room. Air conditioning wasn't working properly in some areas.

Even though we only had an oceanview this time (I usually book a verandah) the room was comfortable and worked well for us. Our cabin steward was SUPER!! He went above and beyond for us.

Pros: the ports of call

Cons: main dining room

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!