Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Panama Canal Cruise

Sail Date: September 22, 2012

Ports were great as long as you were taking tours. I highly recommend the \"Humanitarian tour\" in Guatemala - you get to help an extremely needy school and then see beautiful Antigua. Loved seeing the canal (which I wasn't expecting).

Was a bit disappointed with some aspects on board - but Celebrity is still my favorite line.

Pros: the ports of call

Cons: main dining room

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

Has been \"Solticized\" - and not completely finished - half of the outside of deck 4 was being worked on the entire trip. They took away the card/game room. Air conditioning wasn't working properly in some areas.
I was somewhat disappointed - for the first time on Celebrity\, I had to send a meal back because the lobster was very undercooked. Also\, it seemed that the chef had a much heavier hand with the herbs and spices - too heavy for my taste and some odd combinations.
Even though we only had an oceanview this time (I usually book a verandah) the room was comfortable and worked well for us. Our cabin steward was SUPER!! He went above and beyond for us.
While our cabin steward was wonderful\, some of the other staff was not. I think a lot of the crew went to the new ship and we got a lot of new crew in San Diego for this cruise. It showed. Service was not what I'm used to with this line.
Speakers and activities were excellent\, as were the production shows. However the other entertainment was fair to good. The ventriloquist - comedian told jokes that were in poor taste. One of the bands was not nearly of the quality I expect on Celebrity. The Celebrity band and string trio were superior!