Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not What I Expected!

Sail Date: October 01, 2011

Overall the ship was clean and well maintained.

Pros: Ship was very Clean

Cons: Buffett Food Was TERRIBLE - Diningroom Service Was VERY Slow

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? No.

The buffett food was absolutely TERRIBLE. There was not as much of a selection as I am use to on other ships. Secondly, guest were not allowed to serve themselves, therefore you were required to stand and wait for a server to figure out what you wanted. This caused a lot of yelling back and forth, as the server was not always clear about your selection or how much you wanted. I have to say that the taste of the food was the worst I have experienced in all of my 74 previous cruises.

The diningroom staff was friendly, but EXTREMELY SLOW to serve. I arrived at dinner each night promptly at 8:30pm. Sadly, my table was never served our main course before 9:45 -10:00pm. Twice, the Head Waiter tried to explain that there was a problem in the kitchen and he was sorry, however he never said what the problem was and why it happened EVERY NIGHT! I don't think we ever departed the diningroom before 10:30pm. Obviously, we were late for the evening show, if we went at all.