Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Celebrity Millenium 10 Day E Carribbean

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

We have cruised on Celebrity 4 times now and this cruise had the largest number of children on board than I have seen in the past. The children were well behaved for the most part and added to the family atmosphere the crew was trying to present; I enjoy children and what they add to my life. This was a very nice ship, which provides some amenities not offered on other ships or cruise lines, for example, a therapy pool is provided to all guests at no additional cost and is not part of a spa package only provided at additional cost. On another cruise line we recently cruised on the dinning experience in the main dining room had an unimpressive menu, which after a couple of meals left you looking for something. One of our primary enjoyments that we have and a reason for cruising is an opportunity to be pampered something that is not part of our daily hectic middle class life. This ship had only one novelty restaurant that we did treat ourselves to and provided an opportunity to celebrate our daughters birthday. This meal including the service was well over the top and something I would try to incorporate and make part of the budget for the cruise. With that said the dining in the main restaurant was very good and with excellent menu options, excellent product quality and our extremely nice and attentive waiter, Wilson. Room service is provided and orders can be placed from the room through the television interactive menu were you can make reservations for shore excursions, review your expense portfolio or order an in room pay per view movie if desired. The ship is now about 10 years old and for ships I guess that can be approximately 1/3 of its service life. This ship has been well maintained and what we as guests have access to were clean and in excellent working order. We also took a tour of the kitchen in this was also extremely clean with all the stainless steel tables, appliances and work surfaces including ceramic tile floor. I also have a blackberry provided by the company I work for with service provided by ATT and was able to stay in contact with work through email the entire voyage. We generally dine with the first seating and do enjoy the activities after the meal and on this cruise early dinning started at 6 PM with a typical meal lasting approximately 1.5 hours or something less. We found that there was a lot of time spent waiting for onboard shows (which were excellent) with a starting time of 9 PM. The shows were worth waiting for but I do prefer to turn in a little early and also wake and start my day a little earlier, enjoying the temps and early day activities.

Pros: The hotel Staff, waiters, and Cruise Directors Staff

Cons: timing of ships activities.

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

I like the bigger ships with more amenities. This ship had them all, great entertainment, good food with excellent availability, and most of all a fine crew who attempted to pamper you as well as can be anticipated and for me expected.
The food was excellent and was readily and more than amply available. The Olympic restaurant was a most excellent dining experience with great food options and the quality was superb. In addition the service was over the top with a minimum of 3 waiters at the table most of the experience which lasted for 2 and hours.
The state room was about like most ships, we had a room with a balcony and it was clean with a pretty good bed. We slept well with little ship movement most of the cruise. I attribute it to the short distances between ports of call so the ship was probably moving at a very slow speed.
The entertainment and activities were great; the variety included Broadway productions, jugglers to bingo and integrated the passengers and ships crew making the whole experience a lot of fun.
The staff was great our steward was what you come to expect from a good steward always there when you need assistance and invisible the remainder of the time. I did purchase a drink package which proved on this trip a good value for her. There was one problem with purchasing this drink package that my wife took note of and that was some of the beverage staff appeared to not want to provide service and she attributed and assumed that it was because there were no tips with each drink served. I was paying for all of the beverages served and did not have the same experience but was able to observe and concur with my wifes assessment.