so-so ship

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: March 01, 2010
Ship: Celebrity Millennium
Cruise didn't start out on a positive note. We pre-paid transfers with Celebrity and received no bus vouchers. No pre-cruise booklet or luggage tags sent by Celebrity, either. Requested a table for 2 - got a table for six and was basically told - sorry! At mandatory evacuation drill, Millinieum employee named Maxine at the theatre was very rude and confrontational.

I went to bed that night thinking we had made a mistake, but decided to give them a second chance.

I absolutely loved the quality time I spent with my husband on the cruise since it was our 25th anniversary. We had a lot of fun in the ports and I loved the itinerary, but the ship was, well.....boring.

Pool closed and covered by 8:00 pm. Not enough activities on board at night. Shows were ho-hum. No buffet at night - just stir-fry and italian - forces everyone into the sit down meal. Riviera Grill closed at 5:30 p.m. Ship and decor are starting to show age.

In one word?? BORING

All the wait and bar staff were great!

Linen was old and faded. Sheets were only changed once during 11 day cruise. Nightly newsletter not left on three nights - had to go to guest relations to pick up a copy.

Pros: Easy on/off process

Cons: Not a fun ship - entertainment, food, parties geared to over 70+ age group.

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? No.