Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

The Best Cruise I Have Ever Taken

Sail Date: April 30, 2012

I have been on about 11 or 12 cruises, the Eqinox is the best designed vessel I have ever been on. Everything is central to mid ship which cuts down on walking. The dining room and the theater are all convenient. The shops, excursion desk, internet WIHI office are all easy to get to.

Pros: This was the best choreographed cruise Ive ever been on. The time of arrival in ports was perfect. Someone spent a lot of time determining when this ship would past certain points and arrive in port.

Cons: No towel animals. Not one- Ever night my wife would say, what no towel animal!!! She loves those silly things.

Recommends Celebrity Equinox? Yes!

Early dinner here. Dinner in the Silloutee Dining room is absolutely great. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. No need to eat in the specialty restaurants, because the quality of the food does not get any better. The portions were too large to eat. I got a filet Megon and was only able to eat half. Naturally, if you get something you don't like, your wait staff will get you something else. Fortunately, I did not have to send anything back.
Stateroom size was good by cruiseship standards. My wife and I were able to walk side by side without knocking each other over.
Our wait staff and cabin Stewarts were absolutely the best. Friendly, helpful and anticipated our every need will in advance of us needing to ask.
This is a large ship, but very easy to navigate. The fact that everything is center to mid ship, the vessel seems smaller until you pull into port next to another ship and the other cruise ship looks like a dingy. The condition of this ship is superior to any other vessel that I've every cruised on. They even sanded and varnished the balcony rails while the ship was in transit. This is a great ship.
Don't be fooled by the entertainment the first night or two on the ship. The first show or two does not have that Broadway or Vegas Flair, but the ship brings in acts that are absolutely fantastic. I found out about the specialty acts by accident because I just happened to walk by the theater. We did not miss another show, but I bet a lot of others did.