Outstanding cruise!!!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

11 Night Eastern Mediterranean (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 30, 2012
Ship: Celebrity Equinox
This was the best cruise I have been on out of at least 15 cruises. The Equinox is a great ship -- the epitome of understated elegance. It lacks lots of the gaudy glitz that some ships have (which makes you think of Las Vegas at times), which I really enjoyed. The staterooms are pretty spacious compared to many other ships.

I found the food to be very good, and much better than recent experiences on Carnival and RCCL. As I usually find on cruises, the entertainment (ie, the evening shows) were hit or miss. The singers and dancers were terrible, as usual, but the guest entertainers were quite good.

Despite being at 98% capacity, it never felt crowded, ever. It was a unique experience for me in that regard. I enjoyed the lack of heaving partying by the 20 somethings, but that may be mostly due to the added cost of the 11 night Mediterranean itinerary. Stops were Rome (Cititavecchia), Santorini, Istanbul, Kusadasi (Ephesus), Athens, Mykonos, Naples, Rome.

only drawback was the onboard singers/dancers.

only thing that I would realistically add would be a light on the balcony

Pros: luxuriousness of ship, great accomodations, high quality food, superb destinations

Cons: nothing to complain about at all

Recommends Celebrity Equinox? Yes!