Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE AND FOOD

Sail Date: January 24, 2015

Cabin: 7187

I only have time to review the highlights of the poor service as there were too too many to discuss.

1. Most personnel were barely able to speak English--most could not answer questions (nor even understood the ques).

2, In the specialty restaurant (OceanLiner)  I ordered a drink ( a SIDECAR) and the waiter smiled at me and thought I was joking. I explained to him 3 times what a Sidecar was but he never delivered the drink. I eventually asked the Head Waiter and he said the waiter thought I was joking. Food was average.

3. Food and service in Tuscan Grill (specialty rest) was excellent and so was the service. All other restaurants were mediocre.

4. The Spa--I asked an attendent to show me how to turn on the steam in the steamroom and she wasn't sure. I told her there were no knows to turn on the steam. She looked but wasn't sure what to do. She said she would check out front and return but she never did. I then asked a 2nd attendant and he said the controls were at the front desk and he turned on the steam. There were no sign to indicate this.

In the mens locker room, bathrobes were to be in the lockers (they were on the 1st day). On other days  no bathrobes in lockers. I asked an attendant for one and he gave me a belt for the robe but no robe. I eventually found one myself.

5. Cabin attendant--We had to ask him on 4 of the 5 days to give us a daily newsletter--he gave then to us in the afternoon and not the morning.

6. The room safe was not working. We had to have an attendant come to the room for repairs. The safe would not recognize our code. They used some type of credit card to reopen the safe.  After 2 times, it appeared to be working properly.

7. Food in main dining room was mediocre at bet.

8. Adjoining door in our cabin was warped at top and sides--couch was worn. They claimed they renovated the ship in 2011 but it seemed they may have never done so.

9. Our impression was that this ship and line were a major disappointment. Our friends said tge food was excellent on Celebrity--However, it seemed like we were on a very old Carnival ship with highly inexperienced personnel.

10.. We may try another Celebrity cruise in a few more years but would only go on a new vessel.

11. Our next several cruises will be on either Norwegian, Royal Carib or Princess. We have boon on these line 5 or more times each and they rarely disappoint.

12. We were appreciative of the size of the room as it was slightly larger than other balcony--However, we did pay extra for this extra size.

13. This cruise experience destroyed our anticipation (from friends and neighbors and marketing ) of a great cruise--resulting in probably the poorest cruise we ever had. We did attend a wedding on a Carnival Cruise Ship and though it was poor service and poor food, it was much better that Celebrity Constellation. It truly was a waste of our money.

14. We did enjoy going ashore in Key West and Cozumel.

Vince & Deb Guinto

See previous comments
All restaurant food was mediocre except for the Tuscan grill which was very good-the service was excellent.
See previous comments.
Overall, service was mediocre.
Children's Programs not applicable