Celebrity Century Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Captive

Sail Date: March 21, 2014

Coastal Cruise Travel

Celebrity Century.      3/21/14. -  3/29/14

Our wait to get checked in was excessive.
Our wait after check in was excessive.  My pocket knife, which is legal with DHS was not allowed and was confiscated and held until the end of the cruise.
The beef roast at the carving station was of poor quality, excessive fat and membrane infusion.
The waiter in the dinning room was mediocre at best.  We had to ask several times for the condiments to go with our baked potato and still didn't get butter.
One member of our party got a bottle of bad wine
Morning of day 2
At breakfast when getting a spoon for coffee, it was in the spoon holder but had food caked all over it.  Getting a bowl for fruit it was caked with rice all over the underside.
Without an excursion, when we got tickets for the tender there was a 1 1/2 hour wait, after people had been disembarking for 3 hours.  The ice machine on deck 11 was not keeping up with the demand.
Shore excursions would not book an excursion for me in the morning when the attendants the night before had told me that I could wait and book it in the morning when they opened up.
At ports where we were tendered it took hours to get to shore unless you were booked on an excursion.  There appeared to be only 4 tenders running which is not enough for a ship the size of the Century
It appears as though most of the crew (dinning and hotel operations) were fairly new to their job because their grasp of the English language was limited both for understanding and communicating.
Of the many cruises I have been on this is by far the worst.

Needed maintenance
Many staff didn't understand basic english
Couldn't get off the ship when tendered without long waits or an excursion
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California Boarding nightmare
Santa Barbara, California
Monterey, California
Aquarium
Catalina Island, California
Couldn't get off the ship, bad surge
Ensenada, Mexico
I don't go into Mexico anymore

Coastal Cruise Travel

Celebrity Century. 3/21/14. - 3/29/14

Our wait to get checked in was excessive.
Our wait after check in was excessive. My pocket knife, which is legal with DHS was not allowed and was confiscated and held until the end of the cruise.
The beef roast at the carv