Celebrity Century Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Wine Cruise from San Diego to Victoria, British Canada

Sail Date: April 27, 2013

Terrible, old worn ship, weird engine sounds, dining experience poor, don't order the beef at all. This was a transition cruise (going to Alaska) and is called a transition wine cruise. Tenders assisted the guests onto shore from the ship on two days. Sunday, Santa Barbara and Monday, Monterrey. Fumes bellowed from the many tenders going back and forth from ship to shore. The second day went to main dining room for another boring breakfast. My husband I returned to our room around 10:15. Trying to get ready to leave the ship I started choking from the fumes in my room on deck 5 where the door opens and let passengers on and off. Yes, I could not breath, choking, and throwing up my breakfast and lots of phlegm. Hubby takes me to courtesy desk and I'm holding a wet washcloth to my face to filter the fumes in this area too! Was told to go back to my room and see if another room was available. No, I said I want off this ship now. Oh! We need to send you to the Doctor. O.K.This is a shock and I say your paying for this visit. Yes, one lobe of my right lung was making a rattling sound according to the Very Nice Lady Doctor and was given 3 RX's free of charge. Was sent to a room on 9th floor where I spent the day trying to recover. Ship sent flowers and called to see how I was doing. My Husband got sick on ship the last day and then I got it too! Check out other trips, people came down with a virus and ship could not leave port because of a failed inspection.
Lot's of chatter on ship from guests complaining about people getting sick, leaving the ship and dirty conditions where food served.
Staff proved to be rude, pushy and uncaring at times.
Entertainment was poor.
Would rather not go on another Celebrity Cruise again!
Been on 6 cruises and no one should go through this experience and pay for it!
Nasty selection at main dining, noisy no accoustics, dirty bent utensils, head waiter left my husband several times without taking is order.
2nd room had a caring young attendant, kept room perfect, would open door for us when he was near.
Children's Programs NA
Onboard Activities Not much to offer! Wanted to do Breast Walk they canceled without much notice.