A good time.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 02, 2019

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 11223

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Great time. Not every cruise is perfect but try make the best of it and you will have a good time. A bad cruise is better that work any day. I am a little rough on the review but we loved this cruise.

Embarkation

We had faster to the fun so we were curb to room in about 15 mins. We never stopped walking, just burned right trough and went right to our rooms at noon. We could have gone earlier but traffic was horrid with the bike rally going on.

Ship experiences

MDR was super good this time around. We only went twice but it was great. We did my time dining and didn’t have to wait for a table at all. Buffett was ok, nothing bad, nothing great. But that’s just how the Buffett goes.

Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse

Everything was great and the food was good but the steaks weren’t that great this trip. The service was amazing here though. Very attentive to all your needs. Always go here on the first night as you get a free bottle of wine or 50% off any wine on the list if you don’t like the free option.

JiJi Asian Kitchen

AMAZING! This is the best food on the ship. We went twice and regretted not going more. Every dish we had was great.

Pizzeria Del Capitano

Always one of the best pizzas on the sea. Available 24 hrs helps too. We had a bunch of the pizza.

Guy's Burger Joint

We were so disappointed appointed with this guys. I assume we just caught a bad day but we only had one and didn’t want to go back.

Cucina Del Capitano

We used to LOVE this place but recent (last two years) changes to the menu ruined it for us.

BlueIguana Cantina

Real fast burritos were really boring and bland tasting but was a nice change from the buffet.

Lots to do, a fun ship for sure. I only docked because I didn’t know ahead of time there is a weight limit on the sky ride. 250lbs limit and they weigh everyone before going on the ride. I was only 4 lbs over and I was a no go. I only wish Carnival would put that on the website, I could have crash dieted. Haha

All the ships performers were great around the ship but the actual shows were lacking talent. The guy singers were all very good but the females were singing way too loud causing them to be sharp and ear piercing. The dancing was ok as well. One big warning, the shows are NOT kid friendly. We don’t have kids but seeing kids there watching that was a little crazy.

Carnivals service is always great for us. Our room attendant was great. Meant with us on day one to ask how many times a day we wanted service and she always said hi. Everyone around she ship was always friendly and willing to talk if engaged.

We liked the design a lot but will say our favorite remains the Breeze. I don’t like how all the new ships have areas blocked off only for certain guests. This ship has the Havana pool area only accessible to Havana cabin guests. We were the first cruise that the pool is no longer open to everyone after 7pm. A few spots jam up but it isn’t too bad. We enjoyed the location of the Red Frog Pub a lot. The Havana Bar was always empty. Seems like a wast of a lot of space. The atrium was cool but I miss the bu glass elevator atriums. The aww factor isn’t there.

This is an interior spa cabin. Loved it and loved having spa thermal suite access. Highly recommend getting a spa cabin. Location is nice too but way up high and in the front.

Ship tip

Book Faster to the Fun

Ports of call

A little over hyped for us but we always make the best of it. We did Nachi Cocum this time and will not again. Me Sanchos will always be our favorite and go too. We enjoy Isla Pasion as well. Service at Nachi was horrid so we barley got any food or drinks. We ended up having to go to the swim up bar for drinks.

Montego Bay, Jamaica

NOPE. I don’t like having drugs pushed on me by all the locals. We don’t get off the ship here. Great day to hit up the pools, spa, sky ride, etc...

George Town, Grand Cayman

Great island. We did the turtle excursion. Swimming with the sea turtles was a lifetime event. We loved it and had the best time.

Galveston, Texas

Great little Texas city.

Disembarkation

Carnival’s part was great. Super organized and well planned out. The port of Galveston is lacking speed at the customs checkpoint. They need more agents but they did the best they could.