Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Mediterranean Cruise

Sail Date: June 21, 2016

The Vista is a fabulous ship although I think it is a bit TO big for me.  It was wonderful to be on a ship so new...everything was so clean with the exception of the 2 most utilized ladies rooms.  I spoke with an attendant and it is apparently due to the number of Ladies restrooms and only 3 staff to clean them.  A little hard to keep clean.  The anytime dining option worked great and we loved our wait staff who we requested each night.  My favorite place onboard is the Alchemy Bar and the staff of 3 ladies were awesome! Piano bar with Ben is fun as always but is considered "adult only" after midnight.  He is a great entertainer.  I have to say that the production shows were the best I have seen in a long time.  The Vista definitely has the cream-of-the-crop when it comes to the singers and dancers!  Sadly though, the Liquid Lounge where the show are held  is very poorly designed and small feeling.  There are many obstructed views on the lower level and many of the seats are moveable.  There are really no tables for drinks and the seats can be positioned VERY close together.  The upper balcony is tight and again, no place to put a beverage. The Ports were nice but I would prefer one more sea day.  I know that when you spend almost as much to fly as you do to cruise it makes you want to see as much as possible, but with only one sea day and some very lengthy port days it is a bit much.  The weather was HOT and the crowds were terrible in all of the cities.  It would be a better time in the late spring or early fall to visit the Mediterranean .  Over all the trip was fantastic! I think that i will choose a smaller ship next cruise so that I am able to make use of the entire ship.  This is only my opinion though and the Vista is a lovely addition to the Carnival family.

Cabin / Stateroom Less cabinet space then on previous ships but everything seemed to fit. Had we more than 2 people in the room though,I am afraid it would have been tricky!
Embarkation was VERY long even as a platinum member where I was able to skip much of the line. The Athens police required 1 line and 1 line only where they then checked your passport. A lot of time was spent outside where it was very hot, Disembarkation was very smooth AND quick!

With so many port days and only 1 day ay see, it was hard to do many activities.
The main show lounge is very small.