First time on a cruise...

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Victory

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 06, 2020

Ship: Carnival Victory

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 7329

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I was told Carnival was kinda like the Walmart of the world-cheap but fun. I’ve never been on any other cruises so I don’t really know but based on this experience, it could be true. The cruise had a lot of activities that were fun though People smoking weed in their rooms despite being told not to was disappointing. Also, having attire rules for the main dining for elegant and the other nights but nobody following them was disappointing too.

Embarkation

We were priority so it was fast and easy!

Ship experiences

Food was excellent! Having gratuity on every drink order was surprising but understood. Didn’t attend the elegant night because my husband forgot to bring something other than jeans (wasn’t aware of certain attire until we boarded). We learned we probably could have attended because the cruise had “rules” on attire for the other nights but nobody followed those (for example: no gym shorts, bathing suits).

Enjoyed playing bingo and the trivia games

The performances were outstanding! The costumes on one or two of the shows made me feel a little uncomfortable though.

I did not bring my child.

Our room steward-Budi was amazing!

Very nice and staff was on point in cleaning up things quickly. Smelt like weed down several room hallways though despite it being said it was NOT permitted, people did it anyways.

The pillows were hard to sleep on and our bathtub jets did not work. Size was awesome. Cleanliness-Budi was great!

Ship tip

Have open communication about priority disembarkation. We ended up disembarking with everyone else because we were never told priority guests were at 7:30AM. Also, it would have been nice to know about elegant attire.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

I think this may be owned by Carnival. We were able to use our ship and sail card for everything. If you have the drink package, you can not use it on this island. Drinks are sold separately with gratuity for every order. We rented snorkeling equipment but we were limited on the places we could snorkel, therefore, did not see anything good.

Definitely a tourist spot. Some local asked my husband if he smoked weed or blow as soon as we get off the boat.

Disembarkation

We should’ve been in the priority disembarkation but it was never announced when priority would disembark. Line is extremely long and time consuming.