Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Worst cruise and vacation time I have ever had

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I have called to explain how this fiasco went as soon as I returned home.  I have never had a more disgusting time on a vacation than this.  I have been on Royal Caribbean cruises before and was excited to bring my kids on what I thought would be a "Cat in the Hat, Dr Seuss" inspired kids cruise.  What it turned out to be was a drunk fest for people who have no regard for others. The slide was not operable for most of the trip, maybe a total of 4 hours.  The kids pool in the front of the ship was never opened. The adults only pool stayed open the whole trip, go figure, no kids. There was unlimited drinking everywhere.  There was vomit in the pools and someone defecated on deck 1 and on deck 5 outside of the elevators.  Our room on Deck 1 was ok, the steward was very nice, My kids did not see Cat in the Hat or Thing 1 and 2 except on the sail away party which was for about a total of 2 minutes.  There were no signs of his presence on the ship and if you wanted to have breakfast with him, they are charged you $5 each, which I don't understand. Wouldn't that be a part of the cost of this ship.  Of course this charge was not listed in the daily flyer of things to do that was slipped into your room.  The "captain" or employee wearing all white, had on dingy clothes.  The group of managers that wore red, were there on the first day during the sail away party and there on the day we left to say hello to the next group of unsuspecting people boarding the ship.  The night movies, which we ended up doing a lot as it was the only activity to enjoy, was interupted at EVERY movie, from the ship director to inform us where to go for the current party.  Couldn't they handle that BEFORE or AFTER, as not to stop and interrupt the movie.  Also, during the day, when they were not showing anything on the screen, the cruise played pictures of scenic pics of winter mountains, Grand Canyon and northern parts of America (a few from Hawaii) all this while playing Native American flute music.  I had to say this but we are in the Caribbean, how about water scenes or tropical photos.  They also played the same views, EVERY DAY!!  THE SAME ONES, couldn't they change it up, it can't cost that much to do it. My children and fiance, who have never cruised before think it is the most disgusting thing they have ever done.  I have told them how wonderful RC is and now they do not believe me. Angry I am not sure if I will get them on another cruise, but I don't blame them.  BTW, was amazing about listening to my issues, but I am sure that Carnival will not care about it.

Port Canaveral, Florida
There is no way you can stay near the ship. You will have to pay for a trip to the beach, separate pay to get back, and pay to get on the beach. If you have a large family, this ends up costing minimum of $100. Nothing special at this port, very disappointing
There was more to do at this port, but unfortunately a lot of Drunk people from the cruises walking around the residents of the Bahamas. IF you are going to Atlantis, you may save a little money by paying at the hotel, vs on the cruise.

Do not travel with Carnival.