Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Cruise

Sail Date: August 21, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

We sailed on the Carnival Victory August 21, 2016 out of Port Canaveral, Florida. We had a fantastic trip. The boat was very clean and the itinerary each day offered great fun. We especially liked the cruise director, Marcelo. I have taken several cruises and I think he was by far the best cruise director. He was very funny and entertaining. The shows were top notch. We enjoyed the Punchline Comedy Club and bingo. The 80's Music and Motown Music Trivia was fun also. Our cabin 2243 was nice and clean. We had a wonderful vacation.

Our cabin was a nice and clean. I have cruised several times and I think this was the biggest cabin I've ever had. There was great closet and drawer space. The bed was very comfortable. We were all very comfortable in our room. The shower also had great pressure. I was very pleased with our room.
We bought the Faster to the Fun pass and I highly recommend it.
I know people say the boat is older, but I thought it was very clean. It was easy to get around. I didn't feel overwhelmed.
We booked the Beach Break and Shopping excursion in Freeport and we enjoyed that excursion. We also booked the Dolphin Encounter and Beach day in Nassau and I was a little disappointed. The dolphin encounter seemed very short and then I felt stuck on the beach the rest of the day. You get to the island by a tender but they don't come back until it is time to leave.
We loved all the trivia games. We also enjoyed bingo and the casino.
Every time we went up to the teen club there wasn't anyone there. There didn't seem to be many activities for teens on the boat. A lot of the shows were 18+ or activities a teen wouldn't enjoy. My 16 year old son doesn't like water activities so he was pretty bored for most of the trip.
The shows were fantastic. We especially loved the Newlywed Game show. Marcelo made that show so funny and entertaining. I think he should be on TV. He definitely needs to stay in the entertainment business. We also enjoyed the two comedy shows---funny guys.
We really thought Marcelo was fantastic. Very funny and entertaining. We were treated very well in the Atlantic Dining room by Joaquim and Luis. They sang us Happy Anniversary which I thought was very nice. They are great waiters.
The food wasn't that great. I'm a big coffee drinker and the coffee was pretty bad. We had some tasty meals but some items weren't as good as some others. I was also disappointed there were not more sugar free items to choose from. The cheeseburgers and pizza were both good. Some of the items in the dining room I didn't like but others I did. The food wasn't consistent for me and I'm not really that picky of an eater.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites Port Canaveral before the cruise and I wasn't pleased with this hotel. I thought it was dirty.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
The ship docks in an industrial area so you pretty much either have to stay on the boat or book an excursion. We booked the Beach Break and Shopping Excursion and I enjoyed it.
We booked an excursion but I didn't realize that the boat docks right by some nice looking shops. I honestly wished I did not book an excursion but instead got off the boat and walked around. There was plenty of restaurants and shopping around the boat to keep you busy all day, I think.

I would definitely invest in in the Faster to the Fun pass. We did and we were first on the ship, first off the ship, and first to get our luggage when our room was ready. I was very happy I purchased this pass.