Not to Shiny

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas With Carnival Live (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 05, 2016
Ship: Carnival Victory
Cabin Type: Suite

The Journey Concert !  Oh, Did I mention the Journey concert ?  Well I must say that after all the Glitz and Art that is the norm on most Carnival Ships ( not a bad thing ), I was pleasantly pleased by the more subdued and toned down colors of most of the ship. We always get anytime dining as this accommodates our evening schedule to best manage show times and events. We had a Grand Suite balcony room, Empress deck, mid ship.I was in need of an extension cord for a medical device and housekeeping furnished one upon request. As always our room Steward( Arnold) was very pleasing and never forgot a request. The ship was showing some wear and tear, but I think it was from the constant cleaning (a very good thing). The Shore Excursion at Half Moon Cay was fun. We spent one and half hours at the beach before lunch and then rode the seadoos in the Aquatraxs adventure. It was a blast. The beach is one of the cleanest and most patrolled with life guards that we ever been to. The lunch was catered by the ship crew and was very good. There were some timing problems with the ground transportation, But this did not effect how much time you had for your activity. The Journey concert was fantastic. Oh I already said that. The Seadoos were great. There was eight in our group. I intentionally was last in line. This was our first time on personal water craft (I always look out for my wife). This proved to be u-necessary as she took to it like a experienced rider. I would hang back and then go fast and jump waves. After we returned to the ship, That's when we really took notice of the buffet area. It was well lit, and the theme was of Sailing ships of old. The walls were decorated with shutters and flowers. It was very soothing after a day in the sun. We have been on eight cruses with Carnival from four days to fifteen days but I would do this cruise over in a heart beat. We like the ship and the crew. The food in the dining room was good, not fantastic but at least three and half stars. We always got there early enough to get a window table ( highly recommended ). The wait staff was exceptional. There is always a slow delivery in the dining room. But hey, your in the middle of the ocean, Where are you going in such a hurry? The journey concert was so fun. The colors of the ship seemed to calm even the worst drunks and small children. Not to shiny, just right.

Dining room was good but sometimes the food was almost cold. Might have something to do with serving 1500 people at once.

Did I mention the Journey concert? Fantastic.

left my 31 year old home. I'm spending her inheritance on my wife.

Our room steward (Arnold) and his staff were very accommodating. The wait staff in the anytime dining room was exceptional.

There were no 110 volt outlets by the bed. Tip: bring at least a 15 Ft extension cord. There were however 5 separate outlets available. The air conditioning seemed to struggle to keep the room at 78 degrees F. Tip: bring a small fan to circulate air in room at night.

Remember, If your are going to anytime dining, go down to deck 3 in the glass elevators. cross the main lobby and enter just aft of the stair case. The only way in to the lower ding room is from the main lobby on deck 3.

Get in line early, like an hour before showtime.
Have been to this island 2 times. First time was Okay. Second time was Fantastic. recommend a late excursion and spend the morning at the beach. Cleanest beach I have ever been to.