1st Cruise and Disappointing

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 02, 2011
Ship: Carnival Victory
My family and I was very excited to go on our first cruise, my husband wanted to cruise on Royal Caribbean but I convinced him that Carnival would also be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately we both were very disappointed with the activities onboard, the size of the pools, and the unexpected charges that were added to our bill. On this cruise we traveled with our 2 year-old daughter, she did not utilize the kids facilities, babysitting services, towels, etc. I traveled with all her necessities, snacks, towels, cups, everything. On three separate occasions we requested warm milk in the evening for her before bedtime and on all three occasions we were told THEY DO NOT DO THAT. Mind you there are restaurants, kitchens, etc. so I did not see the trouble in warming up some milk but we repeatedly heard they do not do that. I had to place her cup of milk in hot water which took forever to reach a lukewarm temperature at which time my daughter had fell asleep. At the end of our cruise, we were charged $210 in gratuities, $70 per person. It was very disturbing to say the least to have to pay $70 in tips for a 2-year old child which NO ONE had to do anything for her. When my husband spoke to the desk about the additional charge, he was told all children over the age of 2 is charged the same rate in gratuities regardless if they utilize any services or not.

The food was tasty and very well cooked, but the selections offered were limited.

The entertainment quality and choices were average to poor.

Staff for the most part appeared friendly but was not always willing to accomodate our requests.

The pools were small in size, particularly for the size of boat and passengers they were accomodating. The layout was good and the public areas were cleaned, particularly public restrooms. I was pleased about that.

Our stateroom attendant did an awesome job cleaning our rooms daily, however one day I took a shower and wanted to use their robes provided in the stateroom and the robe was a used, dirty robe. That was the last time I attempted to use their robes.
I loved St. Maarten the most and we are definitely planning on going back to spend an extended vacation there.
Don't Miss: The beaches are spectacular.
Very beautiful island.
Very beautiful island.
I was very disappointed with Barbados, there was not much to do at all.

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Activities on Board, Music and Unexpected Charges on my Bill

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.