Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Wonderul Pregnancy Vacation

Sail Date: June 28, 2008

I was 21 weeks pregnant during this cruise. It was a wonderful experience since I could take a short walk to the cabin for a nap, find entertaining lounges minutes from the room, and eat 24 hours a day! My husband and I enjoyed many activities together and appart. We were never more than a 5 minute walk from each other and could relax our own ways.

Pros: All the entertainment was within a 5 minute walk!

Cons: Some confusion about getting from one end of the ship to the other on some decks. Not all rooms, such as dining rooms were walk-through. You had to go up or down a level or two to then get to the other end of the ship.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Finding areas on the ship map was easy. Getting to some areas was a bit more tricky. The atlantic dining room was in the center of the deck and we couldn't go through it to get from one side of the ship to the other. We had to go up or down a deck then return to get where we were going.
The variety and quality of the food was excellent. The seated dining rooms were comfortable and delicious. The buffet food was good but the lines were always long.
We loved the balcony room and large windows. What a way to wake up or fall asleep, just watching the sun rise or set.
The staff were awlays smiling and willing to give assistance.
There were so many activities to choose from, I ended up missing some of the ones that looked interesting. I never had a moment of "what to do now" or "I'm bored."
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I took a tall ship sailing experience. It was a fabulous day, clear skies and calm waters. The tour guide and ship hands were helpful, knowledgeable, and excited. The tourists helped sail the ship and join in songs. The "history" given during this tour was actually interesting trivia told in story form.
Don't Miss: The cannon fire at noon from the fort is memorable.
Saint John, New Brunswick
The coach and water tour was a waste for me. The "historic" information consisted of a tour of houses that were owned by a rich guy and his family. No real history was given about the city on the bus. The boat tour was a lot of waiting. We waited at reversing falls for 20 minutes without the benifit of tour guide information. We just sat there talking to each other waiting for the tide to change.
Don't Miss: The reversing falls is a truely magnificient site!