We had a relaxing time

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2015
Ship: Carnival Valor

We enjoyed the cruise but not as much as we would have liked due to health issues. Due to being on a gluten free, dairy free, yeast free diet the food, although they tried, was unpalatable. We were told that Carnival was used to many people being gluten intolerant and that the dining room could accomadate. But I was expecting to have a choice of great gluten/dairy/yeast free desserts that they were already accustomed to making. This wasn't the case. I had sorbet every night until they came up with a dairy free creme brulee' then I had that the rest of the nights except when they forgot to make it.

We would have liked more daytime entertainment, as the nighttime shows were usually pretty late. My husband spent most the time at the pool, which he enjoys, and I spent a lot of time in the cabin, unfortunately.

Carnival cruises are very nice, all the staff are exceptionally friendly and everything is exceptionally clean.

I mostly enjoyed getting to know our table companions and the formal nights.

Cabin was nice and clean. Plenty of closet space. Luggage fits under bed. Would like an upgrade the next time! I wish some of the lights worked independently.

Very clean; very friendly, helpful staff.