A great cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 03, 2012
Ship: Carnival Valor
very nice hot tubs and pools. I loved the hammocks and cushioned seats and the serenity deck for adults only.

Carnival always has wonderful food and variety of foods

Many staff were very friendly and there were others that were average. Sandy, the shopping director was the best shopping director I've ever experienced on a cruise. She was very upbeat and enthusiastic, and knew her busineess VERY well, and was very informative at her shows.

everything was very clean and well kept.

I liked the size, decor, amenities of the cabin and my cabin steward kept everything very nice, BUT the location was absolutely horrible. It was noisy ALL night long with waves crashing, sounding like sledge hammers banging on my walls. I called my cabin steward and guest services a number of times, but they would do nothing. One night I had to take my pillow and robe up to the serenity deck to try and sleep, and then tried to sleep on the third deck on a couch. Very unacceptable. I was promised an inside cabin in the middle of the ship, and being I travel single I have to pay double rate. This was totally unacceptable and unfair. At the very least I would expect to get a credit back for part of my discomfort.

Pros: the food

Cons: the noisy cabin

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.