Not what I was expecting

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Triumph

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail Date: August 18, 2018

Ship: Carnival Triumph

Review Summary

As we got on the ship we were shoved from one line to another and never told basic information like where we would find our keys. I've never had such a poor experience with this company. Our first stateroom was right above the band in the casino and was so loud that we had to be moved. We had a balcony room which was supposed to be two twin beds and a couch for the third person to sleep on. I'm only 5 foot 3 in tall and the couch was too small for me to sleep uncomfortably. The food options in the dining room and on the buffet were very limited and substandard. I understand this is turned into a discount Cruise ship line but every soup we were given in the dining room was playing and mostly broth, and even the steak we were served for dinner was so small my son always needed to go up to the buffet for a second dinner to fill him up. It was one disaster after another with this company and even though I've cruised with them a lot in the past this will be my final Carnival vacation. They've cut so many corners to save money that it's no longer the company I remembered. Don't waste your money save up and go on a more expensive line.

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

The couches that are supposed to be the third bed in the staterooms are too small for anyone over about 5 ft tall to sleep in.

Ports Of Call