Great time especially the shore excursions.

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 28, 2015
Ship: Carnival Triumph

Lots of great evening entertainment with dancers, magician, and comedians.  Three course dinners were excellent with a variety of new things to try as well as old favorites.  Staff was dedicated and friendly providing a clean cabin and great dining experience.  I recommend the VIP swim with the dolphins.

A highlight of the trip is all the food options.

Great adult entertainment.

I don't have kids, but saw all kinds of fun things for kids to do.

Excellent cabins cleaned throughout the day. Dinner staff does great service and remembering names.

The boat floats. Amazing all is put into the available space.

Fine for a single person. In rough water you can feel the bumps being at the front bottom of the boat. The view from the portals was better than being on an inner cabin.

Good to get an earlier boarding time to settle in and have lunch on board.

I got a great deal with Priceline Express deals for a hotel to stay in the night before. I enjoyed being on the coast (as Nebraska only has lakes). And I ate at Miller's Restaurant with an excellent seafood selection.
The VIP swim with the dolphins was worth the extra $ because locker, towel, four course meal, unlimited free drinks, and dolphin ride were worth it. If you book shore excursions in advance, I think one can get 20% off.
I enjoyed going to Chichen Itza, even though it was a couple hour bus ride to get there. Lots of Mayan ruins and possible to barter for good prices on souvenirs.