Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Great time especially the shore excursions.

Sail Date: December 28, 2015

Lots of great evening entertainment with dancers, magician, and comedians.  Three course dinners were excellent with a variety of new things to try as well as old favorites.  Staff was dedicated and friendly providing a clean cabin and great dining experience.  I recommend the VIP swim with the dolphins.

Cruise Photos

Fine for a single person. In rough water you can feel the bumps being at the front bottom of the boat. The view from the portals was better than being on an inner cabin.
Long lines, but that is what happens with so many people.
The boat floats. Amazing all is put into the available space.
VIP swim with the dolphins worth the extra money.
I don't have kids, but saw all kinds of fun things for kids to do.
Great adult entertainment.
Excellent cabins cleaned throughout the day. Dinner staff does great service and remembering names.
A highlight of the trip is all the food options.
Galveston, Texas
I got a great deal with Priceline Express deals for a hotel to stay in the night before. I enjoyed being on the coast (as Nebraska only has lakes). And I ate at Miller's Restaurant with an excellent seafood selection.
The VIP swim with the dolphins was worth the extra $ because locker, towel, four course meal, unlimited free drinks, and dolphin ride were worth it. If you book shore excursions in advance, I think one can get 20% off.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I enjoyed going to Chichen Itza, even though it was a couple hour bus ride to get there. Lots of Mayan ruins and possible to barter for good prices on souvenirs.

Good to get an earlier boarding time to settle in and have lunch on board.