Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

It was my first cruise and I really did not know what to expect.  With that said, I did not like it.  I did not like the long lines, the food, or the activities.  The shows were ok and the room was great.  Wish there had been a menu in the room for room service.  I was satisfied with the wifi connection.  I appreciate the dinning room servers knew our name and greeted us every night.  I like how the room attendants knew us as well.  The movie screen had a big blackout spot.  I did not like having to go from one end of the ship to the other for each activity.  The elevators seemed to run slow and I did not like the floor plan of the ship.  There definitely needs to be a few kiosk onboard.  The alcoholic drinks were way to expensive.  The spa treatments are too expensive.  If you don't drink, gamble, play games, or have a ton of money to spend, there was nothing to do on the ship.  One of the best parts was being rocked to sleep at night on the water.  Glad I was able to do a cruise, but will probably be my last one.

It was a great size and set up pretty good. Only issues were: no menu for the room service, needed an ice bucket for drinks and a better hairdryer (took forever to dry short hair).

The person washing the windows started around 9:30 am and the hose kept banging on the window and waking us up. Too early for that when you are on vacation. Someone was rolling something around on the deck above us during the middle of the night. It was really loud waking us up.
Was to much of a hassle to get on and off the boat. Too congested. Need more organization. Lines were definitely too long and the wait was horrible. Could not have water while waiting in the line at the terminal. That wasn't good.
Hated the design. Had to go up, then down, then up. Too confusing to get anywhere. Need better maps and more of them and faster elevators.
Loved Progresso and Cozumel. Will probably do an all inclusive at one of those destinations.
There were only a few games offered and could never find out how to enter the drawings and could not find the place to be for them.
Had a 17 year old son with us. He was not impressed with any of the activities and could never find the group.
It was ok. The show tunes need to be with the times.
Loved the staff. So friendly, kind, and helpful. Cenon, III was our server and our cabin was 2380. I did not get their name, but they knew us. It was a great feeling.
Did not like the food choices for the buffet or the types of pizzas served
Galveston, Texas
Came the night before the cruise and walked on the beach. It was awesome.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
The bus ride to the Dzibilchaltun Ruins was awesome and didn't take too long. Be prepared to do a lot of walking at that site.
Loved the snorkeling and the catamaran ride. The Deluxe Beach was great!

Always bring a large cup with you. The ones supplied were small and you had to make several trips for water. There is not a 24-hour buffet like I was told either.