Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

I would spend just as much elsewhere

Sail Date: March 28, 2015

For my husband and I this cruise was not for us. The ship was not very clean with trash in halls and on stairs. It was less than relaxing because all the kids took over what I would consider some of the more relaxing areas. If we were to ever go on another cruise we would choose one that had adult areas that kids weren't allowed. The kids overtook the hot tubs and every other area of the ship. The food was OK and the service was OK but as for me, my money will be spent elsewhere.

Cruise Photos

Our room and the ship in general was dated. They were actively working on the ship while we were sailing.
Oliver our waiter the last 2 nights was great and Cecil our room steward was so friendly.
Most of the better activities were late evening or night for adults. I don't think a whole lot of things were offered for those of us traveling single with no kids and not wanting to get trashed. We wanted to watch some shows and relax but didn't want to stay up until midnight to do so. Not to say we don't enjoy a good party but this was our vacation from high stress jobs, we wanted to relax as well.
Cozumel and swimming with the dolphins was amazing but pictures were over priced. The ride to the Uxmal Mayan Ruins was long but well worth it.
Our steward was great. The room was dated and not cleaned very well. We had the 2 twins turned into a king and it wasn't very comfy for snuggling as the 2 mattresses would separate. Adequate amount of space if you bring space saving items especially (over the door shoe hanger or pop up bin for odd and ends).
Galveston, Texas
Dolphin swim and ride was amazing. This was the best of the 2 ports to do shopping. Never pay full price for anything!!
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Uxmal Mayan Ruins were beautiful. The bus ride was a bit much as was the tour guide. The overall area was kind of dirty.

Look at the drink special of the day, it will often save you a few bucks a drink. $5 per mixed drink vs $8-9 per drink. Also always read the fine print. You are charged $12 pp tips per day but can get this removed if you tip out of pocket as we did to those who deserve it the most.