Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

It was nice, but there is some room for improvement!

Sail Date: May 19, 2014

This was my second cruise, my husbands first. We splurged on a balcony this time and that was great!! The room was very dated though, and could definitely use some updating. The bathroom had some rust, and the shower could use a little more cleaning at times, but our room itself was always very clean! We did have a screaming child in a cabin near us, and unfortunately I could hear that child night and day, that made it very hard to relax on a cruise we took specifically for relaxing. It would be nice if there was a way to know if you were near small children when booking. The food in the dining room was great, but the service lacked at times. We has to frequently ask for refills on drinks, and several times we did not get all we asked for, and by the time they brought the rest of our meal we were done eating. This was nothing like I had experienced with my first cruise, so I was a little disappointed. Progresso is not a great port, I definitely wish carnival would look into another port for this cruise.

Cruise Photos

Rooms were outdated.
All staff were great, except the service in the dining room did lag at dinner several nights.
Progreso is not a port I would visit again.
Nice, just dated.