Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Good Food, Good People, Good Cruise!

Sail Date: November 09, 2013

Honestly, I'm pretty easy to please because I believe life is what you make it, but I had a great time on this cruise.  The food was better than I remember from my first cruise a few years ago, mainly because there seemed to be more healthy options and more diverse places to eat (burrito bar, burger bar, deli, etc.).  My friend and I shared and interior stateroom which was comfortable, and the service all around was great!  There was lots to do, the gym facilities were excellent and the shows were phenomenal, especially the comedians.  Everynight my friend and I went dancing, had lots of fun and met lots of amazing people.

Here were the three set-backs:

1) The last day of the cruise was REALLY turbulent, as we hit some bad weather that came with 30-50 ft swells.  My friend got sick but was able to order Meclizine from room service.  Even the shows were cancelled for the safety of the dancers.  Even still, the staff did a great job of assuring us that we were safe and kept us updated as to when calmer seas were expected.

2) Avoid downtown Progreso, the agressiveness of the shop keepers was abhorrent.  If you like to haggle, this is the place for you!

3) Our snorkel/glass-bottom boat excursion in Cozumel told us to be there for a 11am departure, but the boat didn't show up until 1pm, so we couldn't go or we would have missed the Triumph's debarkment.  I booked the excursion through CruiseOnly, not Carnival.  The day was not a total loss, however, since we went to the pier/restaurant where we met a friendly couple, the bathrooms were clean, we got free bottled water and also could swim in the ocean at our leisure. I was also able to recieve a refund without difficulty, so not a bad day overall!

Anyway, my friend and I had a fantastic time!

Exceptional!
Children's Programs N/A
I'd rather stay of the ship
Galveston, Texas
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
The town is disgusting and the people are very aggressive
Nice if you know where to go

The lease congested pool/hot tubs/bar/restaurants were behind the buffet dining centers; it was always quiet and a great place to relax.