Great Cruise!

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 10, 2011
Ship: Carnival Triumph
I knew the Triumph had some work done and everything was wonderful. I had heard some negative things about the Triumph such as smells on the 6th floor- there was nothing but excellent service and wonderful food the whole time we were there. Carnival went out of their way to make our trip enjoyable for all our age groups (we had an 11, 14, 18 and two adults)

The food was amazing and the service just can't be beat

I admit I did get a bit tired of Trivia but it was all fun.

My sons had a blast!

They always greeted us by name and were genuine in their concern for us.

I noticed people were always cleaning and taking care of something somewhere- it was nice to see such care being taken.

For the size, we never felt cramped- plus we weren't in our room except to change clothes or sleep. Too many fun things to do!
It rained the entire time (what do you expect being there at the end of the rainy season! It happens). The rain stopped long enough that we could shop downtown- not doing that again. We were constantly bothered to come look and that got annoying. We were going to play on the equipment at Margaritaville (which was one of the reasons we went downtown) but due to the rain, it was closed. Stick to the beaches, they are worth it but by the time we drug around, got wet, our kids just wanted to get back on the boat.
We only walked around Progreso, did not go into Merida. The beaches were not free and you were badgered at every step to buy something. I think if we had gone into the ruins or done something more, we would have a better opinion though. I had read and knew this was most likely what would happen so I was not surprised.

Pros: The time on the boat was wonderful!

Cons: Progreso was not worth our time

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!