Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Great getaway - forget the summer heat!

Sail Date: July 13, 2009

Room Type: Suite

My wife and I wanted to get away from the summers oppresive heat. So we went north and enjoyed the destinations. Warning to frequent cruise travelers, both St. John and Halifax are limited to shopping and certain events. These are not like the port of calls in the Carribean. I would stick to the ship excursions and make a point of doing the lobster bake in St. John. Food service on the ship was what I have come to expect from the Carnival experience. No major snafu's and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Pros: Perfect time away.

Cons: Don't expect perfect weather.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The layout of the London dining room made traveling through the ship from one common area to another frustrating. It blocks passage halfway through one side of the common areas to the other.
At times I wanted to play cards and relax in the casino. Unfortunately they would hold very loud events in the casino bar. Great example; tone deaf kararoke screeching into the microphone. They needed to move those loud events to another deck. It happened in the evening and in the daytime as well.
Great food, service was excellent.
My wife and I stayed in a suite on the 7th deck. Room was in great condition and being up on the seventh deck avoids hearing the ships motor. So overall it was clean and quiet and overall excellent sleeping conditions.
Didn't get a dud in the bunch. Cruise Director Jorge, was not only funny but very informative.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Do the lobster bake and cookout it made this port fun and exciting.
Don't Miss: Reversing tides at St. Johns river. Doing the lobster bake and cookout allows you to see it.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Murphy's bar and resturant was a great place to go. This port has Pier shopping similiar to, but not close to San Francisco. Scenic and nice place to stop.
Don't Miss: Walking the pier.