Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Kids loved It

Sail Date: February 03, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my families first cruise and we loved it. My 12 year old is already saving money to go again. There was so much to do we did not even see half of the things. Because we were traveling with our childeren we did more family activities. But there were plenty of adult activities onbaord. The kids spent most of the day at the pool and we relaxed on the deck. The kids did enjoy the kids club when they were not in the pool. We did not go to the formal dinning. We ate at the buffett and it was just fine with us. We did go to the shows and they were great my kids realy enjoyed them. I was afraid everything would be to formal for my kids but everything was very casual. We had a great time and would travel on the Triumph again.

Pros: Everthing

Cons: None

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The ship was so big I know we did not see all of it. We mostly hung out on the Ledo Deck. We did go to the Theater and Casino. As I said we were with the kids so we did not go to any of the Night Clubs although we did walk past them and they looked very nice.
We ate at the buffett on the Ledo Deck every night. With the kids it was just easier for us. We could go anytime we wanted and I do not think the kids would have enjoyed the formal dinning. The food was very good and everyone got what they wanted.
We had a family stateroom and it was very big. We were on the 11th floor and had a great view. The kids club was just down the hall. The room was alway clean. The bed was very comfortable.
Our cabin stewart was realy the best. We did not have a set schedule so it made it hard for them to clean our room or turn down our beds. It seemed one of us was alway wanting in the room when they were cleaning. They were so nice about it they would just come back later.
There was always alot going on and we missed alot because you just could not do it all. What we did participate in we realy enjoyed.
My 12 year old loved the fact that he could come and go whenever he wanted. And participate in only the activities he wanted. My 7 year old loved the activities and even went to dinner a couple of nights with the kids club. Which gave my husband and me time to ourselves.
We did the Playa Mia Beach excursion. I book myself and we took a cab there for $15.00. It was cheaper than the ships price and we stayed all day. It was great. We also did some shopping in town we got realy good prices on suveniors for everyone back home.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the Island and Stingray City Tour. My kids enjoyed the turtle farm and My husband and I enjoyed the Stingray City. The kids would not get in the water with the Stingrays after what happened to Steve Irwin. The water was crystal clear. I thought the prices here were high we did not buy much on the island.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We went tubing and to Dunns River falls. My 12 year old enjoyed this very much my 7 year old did not. I think she was just to young for this tour. We also went to Margertta Ville this is a must see. Great view and lots of entertainment.